Hiatus


Hiatus: [n] A pause or break in continuity in a sequence or activity.

As of tomorrow I'm going to be going away for a while. I'm assured that there's excellent wifi available, but I feel like it's important that my attention is fully focused there for now. As a result, this poor little blog is going to be fairly neglected for a short time. I won't get to write about my monthly playlist or summary, so here's the long and short of what I'd say: go and listen to the new albums by Michael Jackson, Tori Amos and Nick Mulvey; I haven't done much of anything in May; Gogglebox is still funny. 

Truthfully, I'm sure no one would have noticed my absence. I just wanted an excuse to share the picture above, really. Taken out at the Bullers of Buchan earlier in the week, it seems like a fairly apt illustration of where I'm at just now: about to begin an uphill climb, trying to mount some steep steps on a path whose end I can't even see.. yet noticing that it clearly moves forwards, onwards and up, and that perhaps the most important thing I can do is to take the risk and follow where it leads. 

See you on the other side! 


"His precious truth delivers me from lies that wage a war in me. Your victory is mine for all my days!"


Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Sending you lots and lots of good wishes. You won't be alone climbing that path. And yes, you will be missed! Xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that I have ever commented on your blog before (and I apologize for that - I often feel I don't have anything truly meaningful to say-something I am trying to work on), but I wanted to let you know that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your playlists and looking at all the stunning photos you take of your lovely Scotland.
    It has been great to take notes on places I might like to visit when I travel to Scotland for the first time within a year.
    So I hope that you find all the comfort you need during your hiatus and I will be eagerly awaiting to see your Blog pop back into my Bloglovin feed !

    ReplyDelete