10 Songs, Vol. 8


In complete contrast to January's sparse offerings, there has been so much good music in February that I can't wait 'til the end of the month to post this list.

Not only do some of my current favourite artists have new singles on the go, but some oldies have reemerged too, with Paramore releasing their first all-new work in more than three years and The Postal Service releasing their first in a decade! (How it can possibly be 10 years since 'Give Up' was released I do not know.)

Frightened Rabbit (who I'm seeing on Wednesday  - excited, much?) also released their album 'Pedestrian Verse' this month, which is absolutely worth listening to the whole way through, and I'm looking forward to the release of the Palma Violets debut - to which I'm having a sneaky preview listen right now - on Monday.

In not-so-recent releases, I've been obsessing over Bastille most of this month (especially after seeing them live with Two Door cinema Club); Ben Howard has been getting a pretty frequent play in my car; and my love for Joni Mitchell has been very much rekindled.

It's been a good music month!

I'm looking forward to next month too so I can finally get my hands on Bastille's album debut, as well as Laura Mvula's. Hope they're worth the wait.


What music have you been enjoying this month?
(Recommendations always welcome!)

Post a Comment

0 Comments